Cadence Allegro and OrCAD 17.20.000-2016 HF055 (x64) | 3.8 Gb
Cadence Design Systems, Inc. has released an update (HF055) to OrCAD Capture, PSpice Designer and PCB Designer 17.20.000-2016. This latest release reduces PCB development time by addressing the need to design reliable circuits for smaller, more compact devices.
– ADW PART_BROWSER Symbol Graphics preview is not available in the Designer Server
– ADW PART_BROWSER Component Browser is not displaying the symbol & footprint preview
– ALLEGRO_EDITOR 3D_CANVAS Floating parts on bending a board in 3D Canvas with HotFix 053
– ALLEGRO_EDITOR ARTWORK Incorrect Gerber import in Allegro PCB Editor
– ALLEGRO_EDITOR DATABASE axlDeleteByLayer deletes fixed shapes
– ALLEGRO_EDITOR DATABASE Release 17.2-2016: Board file saved in HotFix 049 cannot be opened in HotFix 014
– ALLEGRO_EDITOR DFM Enabling option to update analysis mode and run DesignTrue DFM wizard causes PCB Editor to exit
– ALLEGRO_EDITOR DRAFTING Angular dimension not owned by the same parent symbol in the layout are not deleted on moving object
– ALLEGRO_EDITOR INTERACTIV Place replicate module bounding box does not move with circuit after module is updated
– ALLEGRO_EDITOR MANUFACT Stackup chart and table shift slightly from original location on re-generation in Allegro PCB Editor release 17.2-2016
– ALLEGRO_EDITOR MCAD_COLLAB Selected objects deleted from the design on clicking Cancel in IDX Flow Manager Import
– ALLEGRO_EDITOR MCAD_COLLAB IDX outputs two sets of masks
– ALLEGRO_EDITOR NC Artwork file error for via size
– ALLEGRO_EDITOR PLACEMENT Setting PSMPATH: axlSetVariableFile() does not update Place Manual but User Preference Editor does
– ALLEGRO_EDITOR PLACEMENT Get import errors and cannot place some parts if user-defined option is turned on for netlist import
– ALLEGRO_EDITOR PLACEMENT Cannot place part because attribute definitions are incompatible for the ‘DESCRIPTION’ attribute (SPMHDB-154)
– ALLEGRO_EDITOR SCHEM_FTB Import Logic takes a long time when checks are turned on
– ALLEGRO_EDITOR SHAPE Shape Degassing crashes if ‘Inside Shape’ is selected
– ALLEGRO_EDITOR SHAPE Symbol Editor stops responding on editing shape with a .dra file
– ALLEGRO_EDITOR SKILL axlPadSuppressSet does not work when ‘none’ switch is used
– ALLEGRO_EDITOR SKILL axlPadSuppressSet( ‘off ‘none ) returns a warning message and does not work per the documentation
– ALLEGRO_EDITOR SKILL Syntax error related to allegro.ini shown if allegro.ilinit loads INI on startup
– ALLEGRO_EDITOR SRM RF elements are shown in Symbol Revision Manager
– ALLEGRO_EDITOR TESTPREP Testprep re-sequence causes PCB Editor to crash if ‘Labels with Net Name’ is selected
– ALLEGRO_PROD_TOOLB CORE Productivity Toolbox bar code generator is creating corrupted shapes in the database
– ALTM_TRANSLATOR CAPTURE Third-party import fails
– ALTM_TRANSLATOR CAPTURE Third-party CAD translation stopped with error message
– ALTM_TRANSLATOR DE_HDL Cannot translate third-party to Allegro Design Entry HDL
– ALTM_TRANSLATOR PCB_EDITOR Third-party translation converts to board with unconnected nets
– ALTM_TRANSLATOR PCB_EDITOR Third-party board file: copper not imported
– ALTM_TRANSLATOR PCB_EDITOR Third-party to Allegro PCB Editor import issues with routes, constraints, size, and accuracy
– ALTM_TRANSLATOR PCB_EDITOR Third-party translator does not show any results on PCB Editor canvas
– APD DIE_EDITOR Mirror Geometry is Mirroring the symbol from TOP to BOTTOM Layer in SIP file
– APD DIE_EDITOR Applying mirror geometry results in mirroring: moved from TOP to BOTTOM layer
– APD OTHER Duplicate layer text shown on the vias
– CIS CONFIGURATION Auto Symbol Refresh Checking not working for shared folders
– CONCEPT_HDL CORE Hierarchy Viewer expands/collapses randomly after clicking the ‘+’ or ‘-‘ symbols
– CONCEPT_HDL CORE Copyproject does not properly copy the variant files
– CONCEPT_HDL CORE DE-HDL: very slow rendering on some systems
– CONCEPT_HDL CORE Getting ‘Variant out of sync’ warning when creating BOM for a design with no variants
– CONCEPT_HDL CORE Lower-level signals are appended with _1, _2, and so on
– CONCEPT_HDL CORE The physical net names still do not sync with the assigned signal name
– CONCEPT_HDL GLOBALCHANGE Global Property Delete does not operate on the entire design unless the top-level page 1 is open
– SIG_EXPLORER OTHER Signal explorer invocation with OrCAD PCB Expert Suite license
– SIP_LAYOUT SYMB_EDIT_APP Response very slow after Show IC Details on a very large co-design die
– SYSTEM_CAPTURE CANVAS_EDIT Symbols take a long time to move, and results in DRCs and broken connections
– SYSTEM_CAPTURE IMPORT_PCB System Capture – TDO backannotation overwrites net names with stale data in lower-level blocks
– SYSTEM_CAPTURE MISCELLANEOUS cds.lib file is picked up from wrong location
– SYSTEM_CAPTURE OPEN_CLOSE_PR System Capture prevents a project from opening by putting a single quote at the end of a line in CPM file
– SYSTEM_CAPTURE OPEN_CLOSE_PR The ‘enable pspice’ entry in CPM file is occasionally corrupted
About Allegro and OrCAD 17.2-2016. The OrCAD 17.2-2016 release introduced new capabilities for OrCAD Capture, PSpice Designer, and PCB Designer 17.2-2016 that address challenges with flex and rigid-flex design as well as mixed-signal simulation complexities in IoT, wearables, and wireless mobile devices. This latest release reduces PCB development time by addressing the need to design reliable circuits for smaller, more compact devices.
– OrCAD Flex and Rigid-Flex Technologies
To enable a faster and more efficient flex and rigid-flex design creation critical to IoT, wearables and wireless devices, the OrCAD 17.2-2016 portfolio enables several new capabilities for flex and rigid flex design to minimize design iterations. Key flex and rigid flex features include: Stack-up by zone for flex and rigid-flex designs, Inter-layer checks for rigid-flex designs, Contour and arc-aware routing.
– New Cross-Section Editor
In the OrCAD PCB Designer 17.2-2016 release, the Cross-Section Editor has been redesigned to leverage the underlying spreadsheet technology found in the Constraint Manager. It offers a one-stop shop for features that require the cross section for their setup, such as dynamic unused pad suppression and embedded component design. The Cross-Section Editor has been enhanced to support multiple stackups for rigid-flex design, each capable of supporting conductor and non-conductor layers such as Soldermask and Coverlay.
– New Padstack Editor
A new Padstack Editor has been introduced in OrCAD PCB Editor 17.2-2016 to ease padstack creation through a new modern user interface. In addition to supporting new pad geometries, drill types, additional attributes, and additional mask layers ability to define keep-outs within the padstack with complex geometries for all objects, the new capabilities allow PCB librarians to help PCB designers streamline the design process for complex padstacks, and also the commonly used padstacks.
– OrCAD PCB Designer 17.2-2016 Features
The OrCAD PCB Designer 17.2-2016 release also include new features or enhancements targeted towards improving PCB editors’ productivity and ease-of-use. Other new features include: Via2via Line Fattening (HDI), Display Segments Over Voids, Layer Set Based Routing, Diff Pair Routing and DRC, Full Xnet Support, Gloss Commands, Contour Routing, and many more.
– OrCAD Capture Design Difference Viewer
The Graphical Design Difference Viewer is a powerful, real-time, design difference, visual review utility in OrCAD Capture with the ability to perform logical as well as graphical comparisons on a page-by-page basis. The Graphical Design Difference Viewer generates an interactive single-report HTML file that is platform and tool independent, a unique viewing feature to identify the differences leading to changes in circuit behavior as well as differences based on individual object level, thereby helping address the specialized needs of the users.
– Advanced Annotation
With the newly introduced Advanced Annotation feature supported by OrCAD Capture, users can assign reference ranges hierarchically by automatically assigning values and perform annotation on the whole design, on hierarchy block at any level, page and property block, giving them complete control over their component annotation process in the design cycle.
– PSpice Virtual Prototyping
The new virtual prototyping functionality introduced in PSpice helps electrical engineers overcome design challenges by automating the code generation for multi-level abstraction models written in C/C++ and SystemC. This functionality assists them in generating code requiring limited coding capabilities by design engineers and thereby making the process of virtual prototyping extremely convenient and easy.
Note: The ADW product line, individual ADW products, and product family names have been rebranded in release 17.2-2016. The Allegro Design Workbench (ADW) is now referred to as Allegro Engineering Data Management (EDM). For the full list of new and improved features, and fixed bugs please refer to the release notes located
About Hot-Fix. A Hot-Fix enables a customer to receive fixes for urgent problems, without having to wait for the next service pack. Unlike Service Packs (SP), which are scheduled, periodic releases, Hot-Fix releases are not periodically scheduled. Simply requesting a Hot-Fix does not automatically guarantee that the customer will receive it: all Hot-Fix requests first must be approved and accepted by Cadence prior to delivery. Furthermore, a Hot-Fix may contain fixes related to problems reported earlier by different customers. All the files included in the Hot-Fix will nevertheless be installed.
About Cadence. Cadence enables global electronic design innovation and plays an essential role in the creation of today’s integrated circuits and electronics. Customers use Cadence software, hardware, IP and services to design and verify advanced semiconductors, consumer electronics, networking and telecommunications equipment, and computer systems. The company is headquartered in San Jose, Calif., with sales offices, design centers and research facilities around the world to serve the global electronics industry.
Product: Cadence Allegro and OrCAD (Including EDM)
Version: 17.20.000-2016 HF055
Supported Architectures: x64
Website Home Page :
System Requirements: PC
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7even or newer / 2008 Server R2 / 2012 Server
System Requirements: Cadence Allegro and OrCAD (Including EDM) version 17.20.000-2016 and above
Size: 3.8 Gb
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)