Living the 1.5 Degree Lifestyle: Why Individual Climate Action Matters More than Ever
English | September 14th, 2021 | ISBN: 0865719640 | 176 pages | True EPUB | 3.56 MB
Stop thinking about efficiency and start thinking about sufficiency
Living the 1.5 Degree Lifestyle reveals the carbon cost of everything we do, identifying where we can make big reductions, while not sweating the small stuff.
The international scientific consensus is that we have less than a decade to drastically slash our collective carbon emissions to keep global heating to 1.5 degrees and avert catastrophe. This means that many of us have to cut our individual carbon footprints by over 80% to 2.5 tonnes per person per year by 2030. But where to start?
Drawing on Lloyd Alter’s journey to track his daily carbon emissions and live the 1.5 degree lifestyle, coverage includes:
• What it looks like to live a rich and truly green life
• From take-out food, to bikes and cars, to your internet usage – finding the big wins, ignoring the trivial, and spotting marketing ploys
• The invisible embodied carbon baked into everything we own and why electric cars aren’t the answer
• How to start thinking about sufficiency rather than efficiency
• The roles of individuals versus governments and corporations.
Grounded in meticulous research and yet accessible to all, Living the 1.5 Degree Lifestyle is a journey toward a life of quality over quantity, and sufficiency over efficiency, as we race to save our only home from catastrophic heating.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)