Making Poor Man’s Guitars: Cigar Box Guitars, the Frying Pan Banjo, and Other DIY Instruments
English | October 9th, 2018 | ISBN: 1565239466 | 176 pages | True EPUB | 72.01 MB
In Making Poor Man’s Guitars, Shane Speal, the "King of the Cigar Box Guitar," shows you how to build amazing musical instruments from found items!
• Learn how to build cigar box guitars and other musical instruments from found items
• Step-by-step instructions and over 300 photos
• The history of cigar box guitars and the golden age of blues and jazz
• Introduction from the New Orleans Museum of Jazz
• Author Shane Speal, an active roots music performer, is recognized as the creator of the modern cigar box guitar movement and known as the "King of the Cigar Box Guitar"
Many books have been written about how to build cigar box guitars and other unique hand-made instruments… but few have touched on why. This book presents the authentic stories of American DIY music with step-by-step projects, photo studies of antique instruments, interviews with music legends, and historical accounts.
Shane Speal, the "King of the Cigar Box Guitar," brings the making of music and musical instruments back to its roots. From a simple two-string tin can guitar to an electrified washtub bass, Shane shows how anyone can build amazing musical instruments from found items.
Sidebars present the fascinating backstory of the music, capturing struggle, poverty, and the blues within the artistic side of cigar box guitar building.
Featuring an introduction from the New Orleans Museum of Jazz, this DIY musical instrument book is as inspirational to read in the living room as it is in the workshop!
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)